The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences invites applications for a full-time clinical-track faculty position in Endodontic Dentistry. The Division of Endodontics carries out the teaching, research, service and outreach missions of the School of Dentistry and the University of Minnesota as they relate to the dental specialty of Endodontics. Jon Opening # 321903
Major responsibilities include pre-clinical, clinical and didactic teaching, supporting resident and student research projects, competency assessment of pre-doctoral students, provision and monitoring of patient care, and participation in scholarly activities. This position may serve as the Undergraduate Endodontics Clinic Director. The successful candidate is expected to be involved in the School of Dentistry meetings, committees, continuing education, and outreach along with other tasks assigned by the Division Director. Salary and academic rank are commensurate with experience and credentials.
This position will work with faculty, staff and students to provide a positive and productive experience for Endodontic patients. This person will be vital to the education and success of our pre-doctoral and graduate students. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be driven to teach and develop our students, give the highest quality of care to our patients.
- DDS/DMD degree or recognized international equivalent
- Current Minnesota Dental License or can obtain one prior to start of position
(A faculty license may be requested in partnership with the School of Dentistry until candidate is able to obtain a personal Minnesota Dental License).
- Certificate from an Advanced Specialty Education Program in Endodontics from an ADA-Commission on Dental Accreditation Program or satisfactory evidence of completion of an Advanced Specialty Program in Endodontics that is equivalent to a program accredited by the ADA-Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- American Board of Endodontics eligible or certification required.
- Experience working with a diverse patient base
Applications must be submitted online. To view full position description and to apply, go to: https://humanresources.umn.edu/jobs, click on External Faculty and Staff Applicants, type in keyword 321903.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae, including three professional references with their online application. For specific questions or for more information regarding this position, please contact Department Administrator, Casie Fenner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).